It seems like a great deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t love something free, right?
Companies that offer enticing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free can make customers believe they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's essential to evaluate these offers carefully. Often, what looks like a fantastic deal at first may not be so amazing in the long run. Unscrupulous companies sometimes inflate the prices of their products or include hidden costs to make up for the discount that initially draws you in.
Remember the saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t that many air conditioners that are truly free when everything is accounted for
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A supposedly "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or purchasing expensive additional services. It's crucial for people to thoroughly evaluate the overall cost and terms before falling for such offers. One way to protect yourself is to seek a second opinion from a different HVAC company, such as Schraer Heating & Air Conditioning, and do a comparison of prices of the entire installation.
Here are some of the ways a “free” AC could come back to bite your wallet
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may increase the cost of their products to cover for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the total cost of the contract much higher than it first appears.
- Hidden installation fees: Even though the air conditioner might be free, buyers may encounter unexpected installation charges that are not clearly stated in the advertised offer. These fees can dramatically increase the overall price of the system.
- Mandatory additional services: To recover the cost of the purportedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at inflated prices. All these can quickly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies may pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, saying it will result in enhanced performance or improved efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or offer much value for the added expense.
- Warranty limitations: Although the primary offer may include warranties, some companies might impose restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that limit the coverage. You may need to pay additional money for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's crucial to concentrate on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being persuaded by flashy promotions, it is wiser to buy from a reputable company.
What are the signs of a reputable HVAC company? The company will have a solid track record in the industry, supported by positive customer ratings. It also will have appropriate certifications and licenses, which shows it respects industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating business handle pricing? It will provide clear and fair pricing, that doesn't have any hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Warrenton, Choose Schraer Heating & Air Conditioning
At Schraer Heating & Air Conditioning, we take pride in delivering our customers reliable and high-quality HVAC service in Warrenton. Whether you are looking for furnace installation or are seeking a second opinion, our team is dedicated to giving you excellent support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our seasoned technicians are skilled in their craft and furnished with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We are dedicated to providing customer satisfaction, and our friendly staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you partner with Schraer Heating & Air Conditioning, you can rest assured you'll get superb service from an HVAC company that sincerely cares about your comfort.
Call 636-456-5041 today for your free, no-obligation estimate.